Cozumel is Mexico’s largest Caribbean island, and in the true tradition of the Caribbean (and Mexico) it is bursting with fun, both in the water and on the land. Many people travel to Cozumel for the shimmering clear aquamarine sea, it’s so inviting you’ll just want to kick off your flip-flops and dive right in, but when you do eventually come back up for air, there’s plenty more to see and do when you travel to Cozumel.
Cozumel Travel was severely disrupted a few years ago, you may remember back to October 2005 when Hurricane Wilma gave Cozumel a real bashing, but that’s firmly in the past now, with lots of the hotels being remodeled and even upgraded, making Cozumel travel even more worthwhile than ever.
Reasons to Travel to Cozumel
So what is it about Cozumel travel which makes it so appealing, apart from, of course, Caribbean and Mexico, both buzz words in the travel department.
- Cozumel Travel for Water Babies – and water grown-ups too! How do you fancy scuba diving on the Great Maya Reef, gazing in wonder at the abundance of multi-colored fish, coral and other sea creatures on this reef which stretches for an amazing 600 miles. It actually stretches from Cozumel right the way to Central America, but don’t let that put you off, just do a bit of it.
- Cozumel Travel for Loafers and Loungers – okay, nobody likes to be described as a loafer or a lounger, but let’s face it, there’s nothing like a bit of loafing and lounging on your vacation to help you relax and unwind. Lounge by the side of the pool, take romantic strolls along the white sandy beach or just sit in a sidewalk cafe and watch the other loafers ambling past. Sounds like heaven.
- Cozumel Travel for Party Animals – if you’ve happily spent your day under the silent ocean and quietly contemplating life by the pool, then you should have plenty of energy left for a little night time excitement. Sunday nights in particular are made for music and dancing, and if you’re lucky enough (or well organized enough) to plan your vacation for one of the many national holidays you’ll be able to soak up the atmosphere of the carnivals, parades and processions. You haven’t been to a party until you’ve sampled a Cozumel fiesta.
- Cozumel Travel for Culture Vultures – it’s not all sun, sea, swimming and partying in Cozumel either, there are plenty of historical treasures to explore. Ancient Mayan temples dedicated to Ixchel, the Mayan Goddess of fertility and the moon. There are loads of exhibitions too, about Mayan culture in the past and present at the fantastic Museum in Cozumel.
- Cozumel Travel for Adventurists – OK, it might be a vacation, but you still want to get out and see the land. So pack your backpack, lace up your boots and hit the trail.
How To Travel To Cozumel
There are many ways to travel to Cozumel. Many visitors either fly or take an ocean cruise. Check out these Travel Tips on how to source cheap tickets, giving you more money to spend when on your vacation.
Of course your will need Mexico Car Insurance if you plan to drive.